Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Do you think this Professor is Unfair?

Okay so I attend Harper College in Palatine Illinois...I had this Professor who posted grades online on this online grade book called Blackboard....according to my points received divided by points total I had an A in the cl...but when she igned a research paper that was 210 points I did not do it which brought me down to a B according to the amount of points received divided by points earned... and I planned on this because this paper was 210 points ...so at the end of the semester i noticed after the final she posted at the bottom of the page the letter grade of a "D".. basically according to the professor she said that since I did not do the research paper I can not p the cl with a C or even a B....She said that her ignments were weighted and the paper was 15 % of my grade.....I knew this from the syllabus but she never reflected her weighted grading system on blackboard which to me is extremely misleading... she said she was unable to incorporate her grading system into blackboard, but why would u post grades on blackboard if there not the right grades or point values for that matter? this is what I didn't understand, I just had an e-mail conversation with her regarding these issues...on the rubric for the research paper it said that it was 210 pts total not anymore or less than this amount.... and this same amount was posted on blackboard...she also said she announced several times that her grading system and blackboard are different, but I dont recall her ever saying this, and I was in cl everyday this issue with grading should have been posted in the syllabus its very important to know because i sure didnt the whole semester....She also contradicted her syllabus by announcing that after finals her last day to except late papers was on a tuesday....but according to her syllabus it said that she excepts late papers 2 weeks after the due date with 10 % off the paper which was that thursday instead of that tuesday....so basically all wed. I finished the research paper and turned it in thursday but she refused to except it...and submitted my grade as a D on my transcript..I am currently trying to resolve this situation... I just want opinions on this matter because I think this is unfair

No comments:

Post a Comment