Thursday, August 11, 2011

Incredibly frustrated with job search...what do I do?

I have been looking for a job non-stop now for nearly 6 months. To me this is ridiculous. I am running out of money and fast. I graduated in June with a degree in marketing. I had no idea how useless this piece of paper really was. All I find are low paying telemarketing and door-to-door jobs working next to people with GEDs. No offense to people that have GEDs but I put the time and money into getting a degree and think I deserve a little better then that. I had excellent grades, graduated Summa *** Laude from a Big Ten University and this is all I can get? I am not expecting to make like 50K..more like 30K and even this is an impossible request. I have no experience, where the **** do I get it? I'm not working at Arby's after spending this time in school. I'm sorry but I have some pride. I'm also sick of people that ume that I want to do sales because I majored in marketing. I like marketing for the promotions and research side, but they ume I love sales. So I am fed up with it and want to know what degree I should pursue that would find me a job easily. I hate the process of job search and interviewing. I need to do something where I'm hired based on how well I can do the job rather my personality and how professional I dress. Suggestions are helpful and don't get me wrong I have a good attitude usually but I've had enough and this is more of a vent then anything. I didn't mean to offend anyone with this question and yes I am a spoiled kid that has got a large dose of reality shoved down his throat. I acknowledge and am merely looking for some direction. Thank you.

No comments:

Post a Comment