Saturday, August 13, 2011

Pregnant girlfriend and I are not married, what kind of insurance should she apply for? PLEASE HELP?

I am 22 years old and my girlfriend is the same age, she is 23 weeks pregnant. I earn over $50,000.00 a year and she earns around $23,000.00 but since we are not married I cannot put her onto my insurance. We live in California and we are trying to avoid the courthouse wedding idea. I know that there are a lot of programs we can apply for such as medi cal. However i was told that she would probably not be approved for it if her and I are together, and that Medi cal would then go after me to pay some of the bills, we have credit problems and cannot afford to pay much for insurance since our money is tied up. Does anyone know if medi cal or any of these other programs would go after me (the father) for any of the bills? I am not a deadbeat dad or trying to avoid paying for my own child, i just want to find out if there is an easier way to get insurance than paying out 500 or more dollars a month. Also does medi cal cover the delivery and stay in the hospital?

No comments:

Post a Comment